Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
ST. ALBERT TOOL LIBRARY SOCIETY (SATLS)
“Tool Library” refers to the “St. Albert Tool Library” and/or the “St. Albert Tool Library Society” and may be used interchangeably throughout this document.
“Member” and “Members” refers to any individual who is 18 years of age or older, has completed the membership application and presented a government issued photo ID, has signed this agreement, and has a fully paid up membership.
“Tool”, “Tools”, “item” and “items” are used interchangeably and refer to anything loaned out to a Member by the Tool Library.
1. Members assume all risk of injury caused by the tools or resulting from improper use of the tools while in the Member’s possession.
2. By taking possession of a tool the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
3. Prior to signing out tools, all Members must inspect the tools and accept that the tools were taken in good and serviceable condition.
4. The tools in the Tool Library's collection may not be used for any trade, business, rental, or commercial purpose; exceptions may be given to small businesses and/or community groups at the discretion of the Tool Library board.
5. Members will not allow any other person to use the tools that the Member is borrowing.
6. The Tool Library reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item.
7. The Tool Library reserves the right to alter the Rules & Borrowing Policy at any time.
8. The Tool Library will not issue any refunds for memberships.
1. Tools may be borrowed for a period of up to seven (7) days and may be renewed once (14 days total) by e-mail or through the Tool Library website provided no other Member has reserved the tool or the item is not in high demand.
2. Members are allowed to borrow a maximum of 8 tools at one time.
3. Some tools may require a refundable deposit paid at the time the tool is picked up. The deposit will be refunded at the time the tool is returned to the Tool Library with the provision that the tool is returned in good working order, excluding normal wear and tear.
4. All tools must be returned to the Tool Library by close of business on their due date. Members are strongly encouraged to return tools as early as possible to allow other Members to borrow them.
5. Tools may only be returned during the Tool Library’s open hours except by prior 24-hour e-mail arrangement.
6. If a Member is unable to return the item(s) by the due date/time, the Tool Library must be notified by e-mail at least 24 hours in advance and alternate arrangements made for the return of the item(s).
7. Reserved items not picked up during the Tool Library open hours will result in a “no show” fine of $1 per item not picked up being added to the Member’s account. Reservations must be cancelled by e-mail or through the Tool Library website at least 24 hours prior to the pick-up date/time to avoid the “no show” fine.
1. If a tool is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee of $10 per tool per week per delinquent item. Items not returned after five weeks of delinquency will result in the full replacement cost plus a $5 administrative fee per tool being levied against the Member’s account. Items returned prior to expiry of the five week period will have late fees capped at the lesser of $50 or the full replacement cost. A $5 administrative fee will be charged for any item replaced.
2. A Member’s borrowing privileges will be suspended until all delinquent items are returned.
3. A Member’s borrowing privileges will be suspended until all late fees and fines are paid in full.
Damaged and/or Delinquent Tools
1. The Tool Library reserves the right to take appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent tools or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action.
2. Late fees are subject to change and can be waived at the discretion of the Tool Library board under extenuating circumstances.
3. All tools must be returned in the same (or better) condition excluding normal wear and tear.
4. All tools must be returned clean or the Member will be charged a $20 cleaning fee.
5. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept the Tool Library’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of an item in part or in total. This amount is not limited.
Part 2: Release of Liability, Waiver, and Indemnification Agreement
1. I state that I am capable and experienced in using the tools I am borrowing, and that I will use the tools I am borrowing in a proper manner.
2. I certify that I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of the risks inherent in using tools and that I am voluntarily assuming all risks to my person and property or loss thereof. Furthermore, I understand that the Tool Library is not responsible for any design defects in borrowed tools, manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials in borrowed tools, or any faulty maintenance of any borrowed tools.
3. I do hereby, for myself, on behalf of my successors, representatives, executors, administrators and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools, waive any and all claims against the Tool Library, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers for any injury or injuries of any nature that I may suffer or incur, or for any property damage incurred, in the use of the tools that I am borrowing from the Tool Library.
4. I am aware that the Tool Library, its partners, directors, officers, members, employees and volunteers claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of any tool for any particular use.
5. I do hereby, for myself, on behalf of my successors, representatives, executors, administrators and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools, agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Tool Library, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers from any and all liability, loss, claims, and demands, actions or causes of actions for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way from the use of tools I am borrowing from the Tool Library.
I fully understand and agree to abide by the St. Albert Tool Library Society’s Rules and Borrowing Policy in Part 1 of this agreement.
I fully understand the Release of Liability, Waiver and Indemnification Agreement in Part 2 which relinquishes any and all claims against the St. Albert Tool Library Society, its officers, agents, volunteers, and employees.
I have carefully read this document and I agree to its terms and conditions.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?